Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's blue and it hurts

When you move into a new place (no matter whether you rented or owned the place) one of the first things you need to do is to sign a contract with electricity supplier. Potential suppliers could be e.g. Fortum, Vattenfall, E On, Helen, Kraft&Kultur or some smaller local supplier. It's worth asking for an offer from couple of places at least.

The consumer price of the electricity consists of several components: transfer, taxes and of course the price per consumption. In practice the transfer charge and taxes are fixed, the only part you can negotiate is the price per consumption. If euros are not the only thing that matters, you can also choose between the production method: nuclear, fossil or water.

P.S. Our wall sockets are of European style (C and F types). The voltage is 230 V and frequency 50 Hz. You can get adapters for example from Clas Ohlson.

No comments:

Post a Comment